Anyone Have A Tattoo????

KevinB

May 19, 2008
i just got mine today that my friend did in his room. i think i have a problem but im not sure. it seems to look like theres clumps of ink spread around the plastic wrap i have over it. im not sure if thats a problem but people are saying its just dead skin. so i have cerran wrap over it and my friend said to take it off an hour after being applied. ive had it on for 6 hours... is that bad??? and after i take a shower do i need to put wrap on again or just lotion??? and also can i take a shower with the wrap off?

from what i hear you should apply a lot of lotion but your friend did it for u in his room what? infection

were the needles sterile? if not then it may get infected. you're supposed to leave the syran wrap on for a couple hours after the tattoo is done and then wash it with warm water and soap. there's no need to wrap it up again while taking a shower but make sure to apply lotion on it at least 3 times a day. if it starts to itch DO NOT scratch it. you'll notice it peeling after a few days( this is normal) so don't freak out. hope this helps and if you have any more questions about tattoos, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Mikey P.
team ENCORE

i put saran wrap on it after i showered. it looks perfect but in that article it says its better not to have anything covering it rather than suffokating it with saran wrap??? so should i take it off right now??

You only keep the wrap on for about an hour, no more. After that keep it clean and use Aquafor ointment. I have a ton of tats and never one issue.

Yeah, take the wrap off. Where (as in what part of you) did you get it? The more you leave it exposed to open air the faster they tend to heal. Also, keep it "wet" with a&d ointment (the one that squeezes out like yellow gel). I got one on my chest and I would just walk around without a shirt when I was home to let it breath. It healed really fast and its a pretty big tattoo. Also, DONT SCRATCH IT, no matter what. If it really bugs I just pat it with my hand...like lightly slap it to kill the itch but it doesnt go away completely.

I got this:

l_565a159dbc147885d62c923985a2b9b5.jpg

and this on my wrist:

m_11483b2f7201f184399ac87367b7c914.jpg

ya use Aquafor ointment, dont scratch it, and keep out of the sun.

The black clumps are just extra ink and dead skin

hopefully everything turns out good

thanks everyone. ive been applying ointment and i took off the plastic wrap. now is it ok to go to sleep and leave it exposed with ointment?? will it scratch off?? this is my first tat and my friend did it in his room let alone im only 17

well the best thing to do if you want a tattoo is to research. not go in some kids room, but hey what ever floats your boat. i used aquafor its the same as a&d but it works better. wash it once a day with no scented dial soap. and then pat dry. then put the ointment on whenever you feel it needs it or it is dry. do this for about two weeks. and dont swim or sun bathe

Back