1,000th post

Apr 7, 2008
Recently I was wondering through martial arts clubs in the city where the nursing school I am applying to is in and I came up with some interesting names of clubs. So, here's my list. What are the oddest names you've heard for a martial arts club?

Authentic Wing Tsun Kung Fu
(Thank God! No more of that fake, rubber Wing Tsun!)

Black Belt Fitness Center
(Do you think they have a killer step class or what?)

Custom Fighting Aerobics and Martial Arts
(Mitsy and her pretty pink weights must die!)

Longlife Health Fitness and Martial Arts Center
(Sooo, lots of old people doing Tai Chi?)

And my favorite:
Combat Stratigy and Tactics
(At last! I can learn a reverse hook kick and how to storm a bunker at the same time!)

After your 1000th post, it's traditional to quit your job and move several thousand miles away from home.

Congrats to you Wry !

Can't say that I've heard many "odd" names for school's around my area although our school is called an "institute" .... which I always equate to a place filled with crazy people !

Funny you should mention it, Ghost.... This is my last year to teach and I am moving this summer.

And I am still waiting for my official pin.

Is that a threat, little lady?

*hitches up pants with thumbs, spits a wad of chewing tobacca all over the place, and assumes the redneck fighting stance*

*Realizing that you're prolly bigger than me, I'll just tell all of your friends you like the BSB*

Well, then get your butt on a plane to PA

Of course, with all the MA Hunk pics I have stored on my computer, I anticipate you'll be easily distracted

Back