Anime suggestions if I like Beck MCS and Planetes?

Andrew1

May 13, 2008
Okay so I'm about to get all specific on you guys so strap on your seat belts.
I'm a college student and I recently started getting into anime for some reason and now I watch it almost everyday. I've found that most of it is complete garbage but occasionally, there's some good ones. Planetes is absolutely incredible and Beck literally changed my life. I would like to see more anime like that but they are so difficult to find. Most in the genre involve high school and big eyes girls who couldn't identify their nose if they were asked. The characters are all stereotypes and those shows are unwatchable.
Are they any shows like Beck and Planetes that are realistic and deal with realistic themes. I love how Beck showed the progression of the main character as he became better and better and guitar and slowly realized his talent. The music in it also made it amazing. In Planetes, I love how each episode mattered and the how characters actually changed from the beginning to end.
So far I haven't be able to find any shows that come close to how good those two were. Does anyone have any ideas?

Back