Can I get an iPhone without a data plan with verizon?

kathryn

May 15, 2008
I want an iPhone, but not the data plan. Like I want it to have calling, texting, and pictures. But not the Internet because I wouldn't use it often and I have wifi at home so I don't see the point in wasting money.
I have an iPad and iPod. Lol

Verizon, like all other major carriers in the U.S., require all smartphones, which includes the iPhone to have a data plan.
Everything you want on a phone can be achieved with a much cheaper basic messaging phone. The iPod touch takes pictures that are about the same quality as the iPhone. You can also get text messaging via app that runs on WiFi for your iPod touch.

Smartphones require data plans. Unless you just want wifi only so then get ipod touch or ipad instead as no reason to have a phone.

You can get an iphone without a data plan but it will cost around 500 bucks. And also it wont have calling or texting because you have to go through a mobile carrier (aka: verizon/sprint ect...) so youre better off to get a plan and pay around 250 bucks and have internet and calling and texting

Back