What Handheld Spin-off game's turned out better than their Console Counterparts?

david

May 11, 2008
I'm trying to look around and see how many handheld spin-off's of games that were part of the same franchise but released as a spin-off turned out to be better than their console version brethren.

Off the top of my head I can think of 2.

The first being Resident Evil: Revelations which was a well received game on the 3DS and that same year Capcom had also released Operation Raccoon City, and Resident Evil 6, both were very poorly received. And the fact that Capcom are now releasing RE: Revelations on home consoles is almost admitting it was the better game.

Another game I can think of is Aliens: Infestation on the DS.
Originally it was supposed to released as Aliens: Colonial Marines as a spinoff title to the home console versions of the same name, with SEGA publishing the game, Gearbox as supervising Development, and Wayforward behind primary development.

However when the game was finished it was apparent that the console version was not going to be ready they had to release it under a different name soon as the 3DS had just been released and support for the platform was finishing up and they couldn't afford to delay it.

As most of the Gaming Community knows Aliens: Colonial Marines was received terribly with only a 49% Metacritic score, however Aliens: Infestation fared much better earning a 76% metascore.

Those are 2 I can think of right now, can anyone think of any more?

Back