Why is my period so irregular, and what do I do if it comes when I'm on vacation?

Gabby

May 16, 2008
Hi. I'm 13 years old and I got my first period in may of 2012. May 5, to be exact. Then I got it again around June 25th (I remember because I had softball tournaments which sucked while I was on my period). Then I got one July 14, and my 13th birthday was on the 21st. Then after that, I didn't get one until September. After that one, not until November, then in late December and late January. First of all, I don't know if I'll get one this month because usually I get very bad cramps like 2 weeks before I start. If I don't, then I'll probably get one next month, but I really can't. I'm going to Puerto Rico for spring vacation with my family as well as some other families. We always go snorkeling in the ocean and go swimming in a waterfall. I really just cannot have my period when we do this, but I might. I can't wear tampons because we're always out all day with no bathrooms, and you can't keep those in for a long time. Plus I've only used a tampon once before and it hurt really bad to take it out. I don't feel comfortable wearing them, that's the bottom line. My periods are very painful, too. What do I do if I end up having it? Can I delay it? The problem with delaying it is that I'm not even sure it's coming. Please help. Thank you.

Hey I'm 13 too:) I just started using tampons and they only hurt taking them out if you havnt let them absorb enough. But if your uncomfortable, just bring supplies. And i would bring some tampons just in case so if your going swimming just build confidence and get it in and change to pads when your not in the water. Good luck

Back