What is your personal speculation, after some thought, on why history is...

iiiiiii

Oct 3, 2010
...riddled with cruelty and power abuses? This seems to be pretty much in every corner of the globe, and since the dawn of humankind...

Why couldn't people be content to build their villages, empires, whatever, without bullying peaceful people into being their slaves or subjects?

Just give me a few of your ideas...

Did some people not have a conscience? Were they raised to be savages and bullies void of peaceful human compassion? Did they just not LIKE people? I mean, why would anyone wanna make so many enemies?

If I were some ruler, man- I'd wanna totally make friends with everyone, have a fun good time kingdom, and only fight those who bullied my kingdom...Think about it- with all the resources of a ruler there could be beer and music and cool buildings, wild inventions, great food, and clever ideas in books, and lots of real good times- great friendships and all- why oppress your own people when you could have a great time instead, and have happy people?

Is it psychological? Is it lack of skillful communication? Were they just trying to follow traditions? Why be a jackhole to one's own people? Was it necessary?

Were all the power-bullies just Mentally ill?

Because humans are cruel power abusers who are interested in controlling others for the sake of their own, personal wealth?

1 John 5
19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one

Ephesians 6
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

If you were a ruler and living it up with beer and music would everyone be content in your kingdom? Would some men be jealous of you? Would you have to punish some for trying to undermine your authority? Who decides who gets what? If you do punish some, do their friends and family get angry at you? We do not live in an ideal world.

Back