how to set up remote desktop connection with a pda/ppc?

Y

yeh dude

Basicly if you could help me do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NjF7r8Qog&feature=related

then that would make my day!! thanks!!

- I have a "o2 xda exec" pocket pc it has windows mobile 5 on it. It also has a program called "Terminal services client" which i think thats what i need to use, i have tryed it but no look =[

- My laptop is running xp pro, it is wireless and it connects to the internet through a wireless box (made by belkin).

- I have the "Allow users to connect remotly to this comuter" boz checked in my computer properties

- My internet service is broadband and is by ticali

- I have port 3389 open on my laptop and the firewall on the roughter is disabled

- My laptop has no password

At the moment ive tryed putting my laptop name in the terminal services client and trying to connect but it wont work.

My msn/email adress is [email protected]

maybe sombody could help me whils on I.M

Thanks!

You must have a password on the account you are using to Remote Desktop into your PC on.
For security reasons, Windows will not allow an account without a password to connect remotely.. regardless of the settings. - it is impossible.

so first put a passowrd on your account.

Next, create a port forwarding rule on your router to tell it that any traffic on port 3389 needs to do to your Local PC. -- the exact steps varies from router to router but it shoudl look something like this
RULE NAME
192.168.0.100 TCP port:3389 FROM: ANY

Check your routers Tech Support site, they usually have instructions on setting up Port Forwarding rules. -- One manufacturer (SMC) even had a how tutorial on it.

Next find out your Public IP address -- this is the IP address that your Internet Provider has assigned you. try using http://whatismyip.com/
from your home PC.

From your PDA.. start up Terminal Services Client and type in \YOURIP:3389

NOTE: Your Public IP changes occasionally, especially if your reboot your router. - so you might need to check your public IP once or twice a week to be safe.

Optional: Use DynamicDNS from www.dnydns.org so that you don't have to worry about changing IPs -- DynDns will allow you to associate YOUR public IP with a domain name they own. Then you install a free program that auto-updates DynDNS whenever your public IP changes.
To connect you simply tupe in your domain name instead of IP. example: instead of typing \69.250.32.132 you'd type: \mycomputer.homeip.net

You must have a password on the account you are using to Remote Desktop into your PC on.
For security reasons, Windows will not allow an account without a password to connect remotely.. regardless of the settings. - it is impossible.

so first put a passowrd on your account.

Next, create a port forwarding rule on your router to tell it that any traffic on port 3389 needs to do to your Local PC. -- the exact steps varies from router to router but it shoudl look something like this
RULE NAME
192.168.0.100 TCP port:3389 FROM: ANY

Check your routers Tech Support site, they usually have instructions on setting up Port Forwarding rules. -- One manufacturer (SMC) even had a how tutorial on it.

Next find out your Public IP address -- this is the IP address that your Internet Provider has assigned you. try using http://whatismyip.com/
from your home PC.

From your PDA.. start up Terminal Services Client and type in \YOURIP:3389

NOTE: Your Public IP changes occasionally, especially if your reboot your router. - so you might need to check your public IP once or twice a week to be safe.

Optional: Use DynamicDNS from www.dnydns.org so that you don't have to worry about changing IPs -- DynDns will allow you to associate YOUR public IP with a domain name they own. Then you install a free program that auto-updates DynDNS whenever your public IP changes.
To connect you simply tupe in your domain name instead of IP. example: instead of typing \69.250.32.132 you'd type: \mycomputer.homeip.net

Back