Is anybody really smart with hooking up Rogers Internet to a computer?

tatiana

Jun 5, 2008
Okay. So this will be a mouthful. A few months ago my home computer kind of destroyed itself. We got a new hard drive. We have been trying to hook it up for weeks but we just can't figure it out. My parents refuse to call a Rogers guy so now I'm stuck trying to figure it out. We have the "Rogers High Speed Internet" CD. Even though the internet isn't hooked up on the home computer, I can still get the internet on my laptop. and my brother has a wireless USB thing and he gets internet. We have the Lynksys Wireless- N Gigabit Rooter for wireless. We also have that motorolla surfboard that the rooter hooks up to. Then we have the big one. I believe it's called a Touchstone Telephony Modem and it's the box that everything hooks up to. On the side of it, it says "Power. DS, US, Online, Link, Telephone 1, Telephone 2, and Battery. I've tried putting the disc in but it is still unable to hook up the internet. I can usually figure these things out but this is tougher than I thought. I even tried copying the information off on my laptop and putting in into the home computer but that didn't work. Help?
I didn't mean trying to hook up the hardrive for weeks. I meant trying to hook up the wireless internet for weeks.

Back