Adjusting sharpness on LG tv?

john

Sep 3, 2007
I don't know how to set it. I have like 60 horizontal and 60 vertical sharpness right now, and either no edge enhancer or it's set on low. I feel like the edges are a little jagged and also not as sharp and smooth as I want.

I've seen some calibrations for other LG tvs with very low sharpness like 30 or 25. If using low sharpness should that be combined with edge enhancer or something? Any tips?

Also I have a LG 32lk450

LG's sharpness defaults at 50 on a 0-100 scale. Now if your using a computer with an HDMI cable hooked up to your TV, depending on the native res. of your TV (which yours is similar to mine, however you have the 2011 model (lk450) and i have the 2010 model (ld450) so it should be 1080p nonethless), if you want perfect sharpness at native 1:1 pixel ratio (set your input to label "PC" for anything like a PC or a game console) use 25 as the sharpness setting. if you go type lagom lcd sharpness in google and use the sharpness page to test, you'll see that if you go lower than 25, you're actually blurring the image artificially which also causes lag.

The settings i use are Picture Mode=Game, Backlight=85, Contrast=85, Brightness=58, Sharpness=25, Color=50, Tint=0-R/0-G (middle), Color Temp.= 0/medium (D65/6500k white point). In advanced controls, Gamma=Medium (2.2 which is default for sRGB), and Black Level=High (Unless your watching videos, then Low).

Back