The Silver Surfer Probably Uses LaCie Starck Drives [Hard Drives]

Geek

Jun 6, 2008
I like the new LaCie Starck drives. I look at that all that melty chrome and all I want is to dunk a toast in it and eat. It's hard to find a storage that you actually want to lick.

The looks are great—with a chrome blob encased in a 3mm sharp-angled box of resistant aluminum casing—but it also has some really cool features. One of them is the LED indicator in the shape of Starck's sign that is projected onto the table. The other, which is my favorite, is that it is touch sensitive and you can assign actions to different kinds of touch. Example: A short tap will trigger the launch of an application, while a long caress can initiate an automatic backup.

In the words of Philippe Starck:

Technological genius explodes exponentially, each time with incredible power whose limits are yet to be known. The power remains, never abating, symbolically characterized by the sculptural magma that one attempts to cleave, to master within this geometrically perfect strongbox. A symbol of strength mastered, of freedom guided, of incandescent magma heeding to the form of its cast. The interpretation is free. But the mystery remains.

See? He wants to lick and dunk a toast in his drives too. OK, Philippe, for $130 (1TB) and $250 (2TB) for the LaCie Start Desktop Drive—my favorite—and $100 (320GB) and $140 (500GB) for the LaCie Starck Mobile Drive, I'm game. [LaCie]

eus.gif

OWPgrm95jrI

Back