why can you talk about evolution in schools but when you talk about...

Only in America I'm sure.
That's a backwards country.
Built on Judo-Christianity than leaves the beliefs in the past... sad, pitty, shame.

Evolution = science
Christianity = religion

Hey, let's start learning about the fall of the Holy Roman Empire in health class!

EDIT: THEATERLOVE, the story about Darwin converting on his deathbed is an urban legend. Do some research. Here's a link to one of your own psycho-fundie websites that refutes it. Enjoy! http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009/03/31/darwins-deathbed-conversion-legend

Because evolution is science while talking about Jesus might venture too far into religion.

You can talk ab out Jesus in school, as long as it's in a religious studies class.

Evolution is a scientific theory that's why it belongs in the science classroom.

one example?please give me one.

science does not say your personal belief is right while someone elses is wrong and they deserve eternal punishment for being wrong.

cause they dont like Jesus which is very wrong, this country is going on the wrong path. but i will still tell people about Jesus at school

I'm sure you can talk about both as long as you don't say the religion of jesus is the right one. Public schools have to follow the freedom of religion guaranteed in the constitution and it would be unconstitutional to "push" any particular religion.

Because Satan is the real ruler of this system of things and has sucessfully fooled the majority of people on the planet. They think that the pitiful amount that science has learned is something great and explains everything. In fact, evolution requires a lot more faith in unproven facts to accept then the what the scoffers call the creation myth. The creation 'myth' is more in line with the way things actually are and have been proven to be (by science) then evolution.

Personally, I think they should talk about Jesus Christ in school. Along with Mohamed, Shiva, Buddha, Confucius and important figures from any religion. I think teaching our children to have a more open dialogue about religious matters, and what other people believe, could help to avert the raucous antagonistic conversations we in America seem to be having.

The stories regarding any of these figures, real or imagined, have had and still have a strong impact on the world we live in today and our children would do well to understand that.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling that when Christians say we should allow religious conversations in the school setting, they only mean their religion.

Separation of Church and State. I dont want religion shoved down my throat. There is much evidence that Evolution exists so it should be taught.

For one reason, schools are state (government) funded and the US practices separation of church and state. This is one reason many choose to home school.

Can you talk about Jesus outside of the classroom, in conversation with friends? Sure. Can Jesus be discussed in Social Studies classes? In the bible as literature classes? In comparative religion classes? Absolutely (although you may like the tenor of some of those conversations, since they'll be analytical, and not simply pro-Jesus). How often is evolution discussed outside of a science class? Does your Art instructor mention it? Does the shop teacher or gym teacher talk about it?

Edit: I'm an instructor, and I'm responsible to deliver a specific curriculum. If I'm teaching a science class, I need to finish what I'm doing, and not allow a single student to side track the class with something that isn't germane to the lessons at hand. If a student wants to discuss matters with me after class, or discuss with fellow students after class, that more than fine with me, it's encouraged. However, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want WHENEVER you want for as long as you want. There is a time and place for everything. Print media, soapboxes on street corners, and now the internet, are perfect places for the free exchange of ideas.

Can a person enter a Church and begin to denounce religion, and insist that they're not being disruptive under the auspices of freedom of speech? Of course not.

Back