Is it ok for a 14 year old boy to use electronic cigarettes?

6e5billionofme

Aug 20, 2009
They come with 0 tobacco....that's what I would buy.
sorry...I meant 0 nicotine
I just thought tasting the smoky flavor would be interesting...and its not harmful, only water vapor
It comes with many flavors like cherry and coffee

No way! Most if not all of the electronic cigarettes do contain nicotine so you can still get addicted. Plus electronic cigarettes are made overseas by foreign companies and imported by random small businesses. No one knows what's in the vapor and no US safety agency has tested them to see if they are safe. When the US government tested a couple of them, they found that some had antifreeze inside (drinking antifreeze will kill you and consuming smaller quantities is really unhealthy too) and also other chemicals that cause cancer.

At least with real cigarettes, you know it will "only" give you lung cancer, turn your teeth yellow, get you addicted, and give you a horrible hacking cough and make it impossible to breathe when you get older. With the electronic cigarettes, no one knows what's in them, and that vapor has been proven to sometimes contain toxic ingredients. Inhaling random chemicals made by a fly-by-night company in China is not a smart plan.

They still have nicotine. Why would you let your child participate in a life long addiction? There are no benifits. He is not old enough to have them. You face fines if he's reported. Its just wrong on so many levels.

Back