Are Earrings Sinful, Christian question?

OlegP

Jun 13, 2009
Do you think that earrings are sinful? My religious nut friend has confronted me about my girl that shes not christian because she wears earrings. In my personal opinion, who cares and they are not sinful.

So what is your opinion on earrings?

There is nothing in the bible that forbid women wearing earrings. What I would do with your friend. Hand him the bible and say, show it to me. If he can't show it to you, than ask him, isn't it a sin to lie?

i dont think earrings are sinful you can go to a chatolic church and youll see like every girl in there with earings

They are not sinful. However, your life should not revolve so much around earrings. Thus, you can wear them but dont idolize them.

If she is wearing them for the sole purpose of drawing undo attention to herself yes. But i am sure that is not the case. The bible does not tell us we need to wear sack cloth and look homeless to be a Christian. It tells us we are to be modest in dress, not drawing undo attention that would distract others. Your friend is wrong I am glad to say. The only dress code we have a church is that you dress modestly. Jesus wore a bathrobe and sandals.

1Pe 3:3 Don't depend on things like fancy hairdos or gold jewelry or expensive clothes to make you look beautiful.
1Pe 3:4 Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet. This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special.

Your friend has been mislead about what salvation through Jesus Christ means. She'll learn. Earrings aren't evil.

Ffs! Life's too short for this sort of crap. As you so beautifully put it, your 'friend' is religious nut. Ignore him/her and get on with your life.
Unbelievable!

All the pointing out sin in the Holy Bible was not for us to follow to the letter which we cannot anyways, but to show us how desperate our situation was for us to have the need for a Savior ( the LORD God Jesus Christ ) ? † ? ?

If earrings are sinful than we are all doomed, literally...please disregard what you're friend said...like you said religious "nut"

=)

No, it talks about people wearing earrings all the time in the Bible. Christians should not call out other Christians on stupid things like that, they should focus on much more important issues and no one has any right to say who's a Christian and who's not.

Back