Would you be in a relationship with someone of a different religion, or

Fletcher

Dec 20, 2008
lack of thereof? Just a curious question. I recently became involved in a relationship with a guy, who I am very happy with. I am an atheist, while he is a Christian. We both are open to new ideas and opinions, and we have no problem with dating a person of a different belief or view. But I have a very religious friend (who is a Mormon) and he says that he would never be in a committed relationship with someone who is not also a Mormon. I also have Christian friends who say that they would want to be with another Christian, but they wouldn't mind being with someone with different viewpoints or personal opinions, such as a Christian who is pro-choice being with a Christian who is pro-life. (I hope everything sounds right, English is not my first language.)
What are your views on this?

This is the Christian position:

2 Corinthians 6:14

Stay away from people who are not followers of the Lord! Can someone who is good get along with someone who is evil? Are light and darkness the same? :be polite:

The Bible says that Christians are not to be in a relationship with non-Christians:

2 Corinthians 6:14-15 "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? (15) What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?"

No - we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. It has caused many a marriage disaster that have ended in divorce to do so.

Back