Women: how many of you can (honestly!) do un-assisted pull-ups?

MsJTM

Apr 25, 2008
I am curious just how many women can do this, and what type of women. For example I am very athletic and work out a lot but I can only a muster a pull-up or two on a good day. I'm also wondering what I can do to increase my ability to do pull-ups.
Note: I can do perfect form male push ups...pull ups are the bane of my existence though!! Why?!?
Turbo Jam...I've always wanted to try that :)

I can't do one, and yet I can do a shit load of push ups. I pretty much flail around until my boyfriend stops laughing. To increase your ability to do a pull up you pretty much need to work you delts, biceps, chest, lats, trisomething (the muscle between your delts and neck), obliques, abs, etc. It's a full body activity, and mighty fun to watch...

I can do two, myself, and I have exercised for hours a day for a long time. upper body muscle is more difficult for women than men to acquire because of genetics. to help yourself increase the ability to do pull ups, try exercises that help strengthen the shoulders, as well as upper and lower arms. butterfly weight lifting can help with shoulder strength. pull ups actually are affected by how strong the shoulders are. swimming can also help with that.

Ha!! I exercise (do turbo jam) 4-5 times a week and i can barely do 1 pull up lol i get like half way and give up lol...

Back