Wireless Internet: Limited or no connectivity??? HELP!!!?

MediR

Feb 24, 2009
My wireless isn't connecting to my server (or any server at all). It was okay the day before. This had happened before, but unfortunately the person who sorted it out isn't available at the moment (managed to fix it without reinstalling anything).

What I did do:

-Click on "Refresh network list" numerous times.
-Disabled the WLAN numerous times.
-Turned off Windows Firewall and the Virus etc Protector
-Restarted the computer numerous times.
-Retyped the password numerous times.
-Done the IPCONFIG/RENEW thing but it came back as "An error occurred when renewing interface Wireless Connection 5: Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." (the IP address comes back as 0.0.0.0. most of the time)
-Signal Strength is excellent.
-All the other laptops (which I have no access to) in the house are connecting to the internet just fine.
-I've clicked on "Repair" so many times! No luck at all.
-The wires and aerial on the box aren't loose. I've replugged it many times.

It's been a week since I've been able to connect to the internet.

I have a Compaq Presario Windows XP which is only a couple of years old. It's not slow.

I clicked on Use the following IP address in the TCP/IP properties box, but I only found an IP address, but not a DNS server address (it was blank where it says DNS server. It connected to the router, but neither my Firefox nor my Internet Explorer worked.

I would prefer a step-by-step help.
Okay. I managed to find a DNS server address and typing that in didn't make a difference. It connected to my router, but the internet still wouldn't work.
P File: Re: Like I said, I've already done that loads of times!

I managed to connect with my router manually, but my Internet browser isn't working (IE keeps saying "The Page cannot be displayed", MozFox say so forth)!

Router might have crashed ... try pulling out the power cable and sticking it back in

Back