Will I get sued for repossesing my trade in car before taking possession of new car?

tifacola

Mar 14, 2009
Will I gut sued if I drove my trade in off the lot before possessing new car?
I went to go trade in my car today for a cheaper used car and of course after hours of pushing the numbers around, they got me to buckle on what I wanted and basically ripping me off. As I was signing the paperwork I learned that they would not cut me a check for the amount THEY OWE ME on my car and this really spooked me. This was AFTER the title and contract were signed, I waited for the new (used) car to be given to me. All of a sudden I had this immense fear I was being bamboozled. They also offered me brand new rims from the rim shop up the street and I had no copy of that part of the contract. I informed them that my husband was on his way with his copy of the key and that he is going to repossess my car. They pleaded with me and hurried to cut me that check that they said they weren't able to give me earlier. Literally threw the check at my person just as my husband pulls the car away. The sales man started yelling at me and ran in his office to call the cops. I asked for my key back that they had been withholding from me the whole time, and my title. They gave me my title and I left on foot.

Do you think I will hear anything more from them? I never took possession of the new car.

Back