Will a Diesel Engine fit in a '79 Ford Econoline?

JohnnyM

Aug 2, 2008
So I'm in a band, and we are planning on going on the road this summer. The engine in my 79 Econoline is running really bad,(Skipping a cylinder) so I just parked it for now. The engine in the van now is a 351 windsor. Since its not in roadworthy condition, I figured now is a good time to explore my "better MPG engine" options. I'm very curious about Biodiesel. So my question is... Would a diesel engine even fit in my van, and if so could it be converted to Biodiesel? If you could include sizes of engines that would fit that would be great. I will never get rid of this van, I just want to make it more economical. Thanks!

yes it will fit get a engine out of a truck gut a v8 diesel or a v10 out of a cub van and you would need the computer from the diesel engine and the gas tank

Simply put. The van is not roadworthy for 1. And no the diesel will not fit without a lot of work. A used engine alone would be worth 4 times the van. Making it fit and all the other items needed would be a waste of time. Even if it could be done, The cost to do it even if you did steal grease from burger joints would take over 20 years. Cost you as much to buy a used Dodge sprinter van. Twice as tall and long and 3 times the mpg your van get`s now

Back