Why won't Mercedes Benz Step Up To The Plate?

Sep 17, 2011
Mercedes Benz Please Step Up To The Plate!
by Linda Loschiavo Makofski on Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 4:21pm

If I am sounding like a broken record I apologize. My needle has been stuck in the same groove for months now. I'm praying that Mercedes Benz will step up to the plate and do the right thing. As you know, I've been on this one woman campaign for months now. A friend of mine, Donna M. Mason-Dilday was in what would be considered a minor accident on July 28, 2009. Donna and her husband Jason were driving down Main Street. Jason was taking Donna to the doctor's office. They came to a stop light after having gone about a 1½ blocks. Donna had seen a car recklessly pull out from a side parking lot and fishtail in front of the vehicle they were following. This move cause the vehicle in front of them to slam on their brakes. Since they had just pulled away from the light, they were going approximately 5 - 15 mph. Jason wasn't aware of what was happening until he saw their brake lights go on. He then proceeded to slam on his brakes. Unfortunately they weren't able to respond quickly enough and ran into the back of the vehicle in front of them.

Upon impact, Donna's head cracked the windshield, her side hit the center console, her knee hit the dash and her back hit the door. Her seat belt didn’t cinch, nor did the air bags deploy causing her to be tossed like a rag doll. She saw smoke from the crash and panicked. Given the time, people were right there, called 911 and stayed until help arrived to take them to the hospital.

Her car was totaled. Her Neurological functions have been diminishing since the accident. She is unable to accomplish most normal daily tasks without assistance. Simple tasks are no longer simple. Her Neuro psychological Evaluation performed on February 3, 2010, proved what they already knew; her neurological skills were diminishing. She will have to be retested in 9 months to determine the full extent of her injuries. Mercedes Benz prides themselves as being a safe manufacturer. However how can a fender bender which occurs at a speed of approximately 5 to 15 mph total their car? Their Mercedes' so called “Safety Features” failed miserably. And yet Mercedes Benz continues to excessively advertise their approach when it comes to car safety.

The accident raises the question, should the 2003 seat belts have been recalled just as the seat belts in the 2004 C240 model were recalled?

Donna and Jason had worked hard, saved and budgeted for their "Dream Car". They're dream car turned into their worst nightmare.

Jason wrote a letter to Ernst Lieb, CEO for Mercedes Benz. He asked to have someone come look at the damage. The totaled Mercedes still sits in their garage. Perhaps Mercedes Benz figured they were too big to be sued. I feel pretty certain that Mercedes is aware no attorney could afford go up against such a large company. It would be too costly for the average American to take them on. So instead, Mercedes Benz has done nothing.

To quote Donna, a retired Marine, "My life is slipping away right in front of me and I can’t do anything about it.”

Mercedes Benz decided to pull out of the NYSE in May, 2010, stating Americans weren’t their primary focus, but Germany was. Do you suppose Mercedes might think their vehicles weren’t made for Americans either?

Donna has been in agony for months now. Her insurance has run out and still she believes everything happens for a reason. Her faith has sustained her through all of this.

I'm making a plea to Ernst and Petra Lieb and to Mercedes Benz to look into the matter. This shouldn't have happened. Isn't Mercedes big enough to afford to send an engineer out to their house to inspect the car? These people have been devastated physically, financially and emotionally. My heart breaks for them. So I'm going to continue posting this message until Mercedes Benz steps up to the plate and helps them out. Since the Lieb's are unreachable from this end, if you read this and happen to know them, would you please pass this on?

Kind Regards,

Linda Loschiavo Makofski

P.S. Please feel free to hit on this link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1571345566495.73125.1321193225

Here you'll find 28 photos of their totaled Mercedes. These pictures were taken by a professional photographer.

Pictures of Donna's car before and after the accident...see windshield

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1571649214086.73161.1321193225&type=1

two issues here, First the links dont work
the second Issue here what can we do? you need to contact mercedes, if they dont respond go see a lawyer, cant do anything other than this. keep in mind that they may ask you if you maintained this car

Back