why should my rights be restricted because of somebody else's religion?

Mitchell

May 12, 2008
im gay and im a contributing member of society, i have a job and i pay my taxes. why should i be denied my rights to marriage because the bible says its bad? im atheist and so are most gays. we don't believe in their religion why should we have to conform to it? and don't say the normal crap about keeping the word "marriage" sanctified because that is just a cover for being against it simply because the bible says its bad
and im not trying to push atheism on you i just want to know why other people use their religion against me

It makes no sense at all for Christians to oppose homosexual marriages.To the contrary,it should be encouraged to mark them.

Luke 20:34-36
34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

They shouldn't. It's really that simple. If they wanted to keep the word "marriage" sanctified, there would be no such thing as a marriage by a judge or a justice of the peace. Clearly that would violate the separation of church and state, and this does too.

Your rights shouldn't be restricted. It's hilarious when someone tries to make a pseudo secular argument against gay marriage. All of this 'sanctity of marriage' nonsense seems like pointless semantics to me.

Mitchell, please feel free to get married in any of the states that allow homosexuals to marry.

The rest of us would appreciate your staying out.

depends what state you live in civil marriages are common across the globe now and have been for some time
where have you been hiding in the closet??
simples

Back