Why isn't my laptop running this DVD-R?

tammy

May 13, 2008
I have a DVD-R CD that i want to play on my laptop, but nothing happens when i put it in the diskdrive thing. Its a Verbatim CD if that matter. I have a Sony VIIO, Windows 7. It doesn't do anything when i put the CD in. Please help. :))

Well is it a DVD-R or a CD? You have to have a DVD drive to play DVD's and a DVD burning to burn them!

CDs and DVDs basically look the same but are not the same! If there is nothing on the disk what ever it is it won't show up till something is put on it!

First of all, check the disc for scratches. Sometimes, a scratch or blur on the under or topside of the disc can interfere with the reading of the discs. To fix this problem, you only need to get some kind of soft cloth or an alcohol pad and gently wipe the disc clean, this should allow the reading scanner inside the laptop to read the disc.

Alternatively, try the manual method. When you put the disc in, give it a few moments to make sure it is registered, and then click on Start and then Computer. From the list that appears in Computer, look for devices with removable storage. The name of the disc, or any disc inside for that matter, should be listed here. Now, just double click on it and when the conformation (if any) pops up, click yes, and from the list that pops up select either Windows Media Player or your other preferred Media Player.

Hope this helps!

Back