why is it that every person i know who has a smartphone is dumb?

a303romance

Jun 28, 2011
i'm serious. why do people seem to think they need mp3 players, high-res cameras, and instant messenger apps on phones? can't people have a.....phone...as a phone?

people buy things they don't need these days. Owning something u never gonna use as opposed to buying something u gonna need is all the rage now

I know what you mean. I know plenty of friends and family who own smart phones, and don't use or need most if it's features! It makes me mad that they spend the money on it, and have no use for that type of phone and would have been perfectly happy with a messaging phone. They are dumb for not knowing what they need in a phone, and over paying for phone because they don't even use all its features. A lot of times, they end up being sad they own it, because the battery life is so poor when compared to a message phone. They would be fine with a message phone. Like you mentioned, they never use its functions like the internet, or mp3 players, or IM, or anything. They take a few pictures, text a lot, and make phone calls. Everything a lower end phone handles great. Yes, a phone as a phone is what they are meant for, and i think what they should do best. But lately, cell phone companies are so focused on the smartphone games, content, apps, music, internet, etc. that they forget about the phone part, the part that started it all, and that phones should be mainly used for. I have seen nice smart phones with poor horrible call quality, will choppy hearing, not loud enough, cuts you off, etc. I think manufacturers should focus on improving that, the way it should be and started off just only being. So yeah, the people who own them are dumb for not even using half its features, and barely even using what it was originally meant for, to call. The phone companies are dumb for making poor call quality phones, and also another point, making less and less plain call phones every day. So why? They are distracted by showing off what great of a phone they have, by all the content and features besides calling phones have, for purchasing phones they don't use, for manufacturers for making less calling phones, and more poor call quality smartphones and forgetting phones were originally meant for.
That's why they are dumb, and I doubt that will change for a while. But at least we can sit back and watch this dumbness craze go on, because we realize the reality and the true meaning and use of a perfectly good cell phone.

people buy things they don't need these days. Owning something u never gonna use as opposed to buying something u gonna need is all the rage now

Back