Why is it okay to have sex, underage drinking, violence and crime in PG-13

Jul 1, 2009
movies but not cigarettes? I think its funny how cigarettes in movies and TV shows cause uptight parents to scream "think of teh children!!" But basically anything else goes. Cruella deVille smoked in 101 Dalmatians and I don't remember a wave of 5 year olds lighting up after that.

the arts as in movies tend to show the perceptions of life then someone comes along and tries to judge as to whether this is permissible . the latter is poorly done and should be revised as a process .

no its not going to be one cause that makes a kid go alright i want to smoking its just a variety of seeing people doing it so considering doing it... as to why it is not allowed in pg 13 is prolly cause the anti tobacco companies are doing a hell of a strong campaign

You make a good point

Check out this video i made up about changing the world http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGXoihU0C4o

Why is it okay to have sex, underage drinking, violence
and crime in PG-13 movies but not cigarettes?
--I didn't say it (any of the above) was okay.

well sex is R, and underage drinking happens anyway. violence and crime are all around the neighborhoods, and its because of the community. the reason the government doesnt want smoking is because they used to endorse it but since its public knowledge that smoking is bad know. they are making up for it.

If lobbyists and candidates discovered tomorrow that not eating Oreos is a good campaign argument to get votes, you'd see commercials of kids choking to death on cookies.

They are hypocrites.

well sex is R, and underage drinking happens anyway. violence and crime are all around the neighborhoods, and its because of the community. the reason the government doesnt want smoking is because they used to endorse it but since its public knowledge that smoking is bad know. they are making up for it.

Anything destructive to our bodies is frowned upon -- including sexual immorality -- God Bless !

$$$$$$ is why

to be a little more illuminating though: there actually is no criteria (or wasn't as of a few years ago) for rating movies in the us. it is done by panels of volunteers in l.a. county who watch them and then come to a consensus and then state what the sticking points where (read the reasons why on the boxes, they say some strange things on occasion). the volunteers are usually stay-at-home moms that have nothing better to do and actually do this multiple times a week, like a hobby.

Back