Why does my Truck overheat when using the A/C?

vore_panda

Jun 5, 2010
I Have a 2000 Chevrolet S10 extended cab LS Base model 2WD 2.2L engine with 114,000miles

My Truck begins to overheat slightly the needle going above the middle where it says (210) odd instead of 200 when i begin to use the Air Conditioner after a prolong time on the road (say Road Trip:100miles) it goes by at least 1 to 2 lines over the middle and then it starts giving that scent of very hot coolant and then after i park and shut off the engine i notice a constant dripping from the middle in the front right under the radiator it begins leaking a lot of coolant almost a huge chunk from what was in the reservoir.

It only does that when i run the air conditioner if its for short trips like commuting it holds out, however when i don't run the air conditioner and i take out for long trips the temperature holds out just fine, on another note the truck's freon gas seems to be running low or wearing out as i can tell by the air temperature it blows very mild does that have to do something with it?

Also a 2nd note the Radiator seems to be very worn out as i see a lot of rust when i open the cap on the left side sometimes in the reservoir tank its mixed in slightly with the coolant i need to know what factors play in here since I flushed the coolant twice already, and replaced the thermostat which really needed to be, it performed well but as soon as i hit a long road trip it started acting out like before.

Can anyone please tell me what else needs to be fixed?

Personal Thoughts: This god damned awful manufactured vehicle starts giving out by the time its odometer turns pass 100K unlike others that Ive possessed before with long mileage this one has given me the most troublesome BS fixing them, if its not one thing its another, how shameful to even call this one a Chevy.

Back