Why do people insist the Christian Jesus existed?

ForrestGump1

Oct 6, 2010
When he wasn't even mentioned or written about until something like 70 years after he supposedly died, ide imagine if somebody did all them great things they would have written about him much sooner, not to mention people added onto the story many years after, changed things, put in more miracles and so on, until what you got is a bunch of contradictions that sound very similar to other religions of the time.
My question is, given all this, why is it people still insist he existed? I want sources from Wiki if you mention any other sources, not some Christian website.

IF he was the son of god, and people knew it since the day he was born. He was have had some kind of paparazzi following him around his entire life, yet he went missing for 20 years. Sounds a little fishy to me.

Does it really matter whether he existed at all?

no there is no evidence he did but seriously, did that ever matter?

And even if he did would it change anything for anybody?

For arguments sake, let's say Jesus didn't exist. How does that effect the message? How does that change the philosophy accredited to Jesus. Does destroying the messenger destroy the message? Someone espoused the teachings? Does it matter who?

Pontious pilat had a coin minted around 32 ad with a crucifix on it.

Various other historical records exist that suggest or say Jesus existed.

You're correct; there's no written evidence that's contemporary to the life of Jesus; Jesus himself never wrote anything; there's no works of carpentry that's ascribed to him. Nothing at all.

However, now you'll get a flood of christfags going "what about Josephus", showing how they know nothing of Josephus...

Back