Why do Christians still believe that really weird rumors about evolution?

zoooooomttt

Oct 13, 2010
Many Christians don't believe in evolution because they say that the theory of evolution states that humans came from monkeys. With so many books and dvds about evolution and how it works why don't more Christians read one or buy one to gain a better understanding of evolution?
Any thoughts from Christians as to why?

Because they're afraid that if they study evolution, it will prove that all the garbage they've been taught about it is a lie. I once lost a friendship because my then-12-year-old kid schooled a christian about the lies taught by creation "scientists," and systematically proved everything she'd been told about evolution in church wrong. Instead of accepting that, gee, maybe this kid knows something, she branded my child as "lost" and stopped hanging out with us.Sad that a grown woman would act like that, but it really wasn't unexpected.

It's called 'wilful' ignorance.

It's not that they are incapable of understanding it, it's just that they don't want it to be true.

Well, although that's not technically true, it's still close enough in my opinion. Of all the things creationists say, this is one of the ones that bothers me the least.

Because they cant be bothered to do the research, their brain has rotted through the words = God did it.

It's because they believe it contradicts the Bible. I don't know that you should take the Bible word for word. I like to think of it more as a guide, not a law.

Because the public education system in the US is a dismal failure after years of interference from religious authority and conservative kleptocrats who think the rich should get richer but school meal programs are waste.

Also, Creationist "authorities" are liars. Almost every single argument Creationists use to attack science is based on a lie. After 200 years, the Creationists continue to use misunderstandings, straw men and real, plain old simple lies to further their agenda of religious control.

Evolution is simply a theory that speaks to a progression of the species. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics..the Law of Entropy annihilates evolutionist theory. Additionally the evolutionist theory considering vestigial organs is invalid. All organs are necessary, some become diseased however and must be removed..eg, the tonsils the appendix..both of these organs aid the immune system. There is sooo much evidence negating evolutionary theory, and never forget this still remains a theory..it has not as of yet, Creationist theory and it never will. At any rate...evolution is ridiculous in form and nature. God bless.

Back