Why didn't Jesus say anything about physical fitness?

Lisa

May 14, 2008
LOL. being as though that up until the twentieth century it was a struggle to survive and feed oneself, and doing it meant hours of physical labor a day, I guess Jesus just didn't see ahead to the century where food would be overabundant and most of our labor is now done by machines.

more and more Christians are getting fatter now
look at the african-american church for example.

they are getting fatter and fatter.

ever been to an african american church and see a woman with her sunday hat wearing a moo moo?

i don't think i would use such a broad term such as "more and more christians are getting fatter now" because you don't know that.

but if the person was truly a christian, they would know that gluttony is a sin.

Yes, the bible does.

1 Timothy 4:8 (King James Version)

8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

You talk big but tell that to their face and I bet you will learn how to pray real quick

HE DID ,,, 1st. TIMOTHY ,,4;8 ,,,,EXERCISE HAS LITTLE BENEFIT ,,,,

OF COURSE JESUS MEANT ,,,COMPARED TO SPIRITUAL MATTERS !!

Because obesity wasn't an option in those days. There were no McDonalds restaurants back then. Before they could eat something, they had to make it or kill it. They couldn't just go through the drive-thru.

Because obesity wasn't an option in those days. There were no McDonalds restaurants back then. Before they could eat something, they had to make it or kill it. They couldn't just go through the drive-thru.

Back