Why couldn't Jesus fulfill prophecy without telling everybody what he was doing?

gerryhattrick

Mar 4, 2011
I mean, what was the point of telling people you are the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy if that's what you are really doing?
Can anyone give a good explanation as to why he should have been taken seriously?

Because Prophecy Or prediction, was one of the functions of the prophet. It has been defined as a "miracle of knowledge, a declaration or description or representation of something future, beyond the power of human sagacity to foresee, discern, or conjecture.
The great prediction which runs like a golden thread through the whole contents of the Old Testament is that regarding the coming and work of the Messiah; and the great use of prophecy was to perpetuate faith in his coming, and to prepare the world for that event. But there are many subordinate and intermediate prophecies also which hold an important place in the great chain of events which illustrate the sovereignty and all-wise overruling providence of God.

whats the point of not telling everyone your fulfilling old testament prophecy if thats what your doing. honestly, i can bet my money half of the people who are gonna respond to this are gonna be some atheists who say "jesus isn't god, but some evil jewish carpenter who lived in the desert 2 thousand years ago", or they'll probably just plagiarize an answer from Christopher hitchens book "god is not great"............

Back