Why can't I set some of my custom ringtones as a text tone on my iPhone 4S?

sassycassy343

May 24, 2012
I have the iPhone 4S, I downloaded the "Free Ringtone Maker" application on my Macbook Pro. I created a few ringtones and when i go to set them as personal text tones for my friends, they arent available. They're always available to be used as ringtones, and even when i go to set them as my general text tone, they aren't showing up. What should i do? I tried updating the software on my mac, I tried deleting my ringtones from my phone then reinstalling them and nothing has worked. Any solutions or suggestions?

It's because those ringtone makers don't turn the ringtones into text tones. There's even some ringtones you can buy from iTunes that you can't use a text tones. They just aren't supported for text messages. Theres only 2 things you can do 1-jail break your phone(NOT RECOMENDED) jail breaking your iPhone can crash it to the point of no return unless you have a literal iPhone genius, even then it's not safe and 2- you'll have to find someone who works on iPhones and make sure they know what they're doin because this can also crash your phone they can go in through iTunes and turn the ringtones into (4WA)s or something like that and it turns them into text tones. Sorry this answer is so long I hope I helped!!:) good luck!

Back