Why are religions so offensive to each other and those without religion?

NotaMember

Dec 11, 2009
I hear people of every religion name-calling people of other religions and those without religion.
It is because it is inappropriate to hold a belief so strongly that it shapes a hatred, bias, or preference?
Is it because doing so in public is like exposing your private parts? ... it simply embarrasses everyone, yourself included. Is it because it exposes your pride?

I think some part of all of those things you mentioned. Sometimes it's hard to have someone question a belief you hold, but don't quite understand how to explain. It's rather life the story of how to bake a ham. little Susi saw her mom getting a ham ready for the oven, mom carefully trimmed the head of the ham and put it in her roaster. Sue asked why. A kids favorite question. Mom thought and said well that's how my mother did it so that's the way I do it. Why don't yo ask Grandma? Sue never missed a chance to spend time with Grandma. Grand ma gave her the same answer. That's how my mom did it. Well great grandma was a little old lady in a nursing home. she was happy to see her great grand daughter and listened patiently to the story. then in her wheezy old lady voice she told her. I never was sure why the others did it. But I did it because my pan was too small.

It's because of the history of each religion. Crusades, Inquisition, Witch hunts, ect. Old grudges die hard.

One person accused me of being a heretic for filling holes to some people he was preaching to. I live in Utah but I'm not a Mormon, I was raised Catholic (I gave up my religion some time ago) and grew up pretty tolerant of other religions because my preacher used to tell me that if God wanted us to hate other religions he would have written it down. One day I was walking to the store near my house and a guy was preaching about how Catholicism is the most "Peaceful and loving religion in the world". So I blurted out "Yeah? When was the last time you heard of Mormons invaiding the middle east or burning people on the word of teenagers?" and the man started throwing how I was a heretic at me.

Religion is the biggest hoax going today. Man created gods because of his fear of death and eternal death. No one lives forever. No one rose from the dead. No virgins have babies. No god controls the world or you or me. We made it up. Wrote it down. And forced people to believe it. Atheist are more sane than religious people.

Oh no! It is because we are all evil and that's a good thing because we, at the end of the day, can't say to anyone, that we are better than anyone else.

Here's a song for you and god bless you because I love it today. Tomorrow, I will hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Mhcbw-kiE&feature=related

Back