Why are Harley riders so bitter towards sport bike riders?

Cbrjunkie

Mar 14, 2011
My dad included. When in a conversation with a Harley owner If I say anything about my sport bike I instantly get rudeness or a rice burner comment. However, when I see a Harley on the road I am courteous and give them plenty of room (in case any bolt on chrome falls off)
Come on guys, cruisers and sport bikes are great in their own ways!
And next time we meet on the track.... Oh wait, better make that a drag strip... I'll gladly give you a fighting chance to prove those pipes and your speech on the perfection of the twin engine.
While I cook you up a nice big bowl of rice and crow.

All in good fun guys :p
But seriously... Why the bitterness?

They dont like the way their small penis gets jammed into the tank of a sport bike.

Its not like that her in indiana at all. All riders hang w each other, we all waive tto each other. No motorcycle racism here. Lol

Not all are like that but there is that element of which you speak. What was once mystique has become a stigma. I'll have none of it so wouldn't consider one of those bikes.

It goes with the black leathers and the Hell's Angel's mythology.

I LIKE Harleys, but by large I can't stand most of those who call themselves Harley riders.

Harley people like to wear butt-less chaps and listen to the Village People music. They are just a little different.

They have been brainwashed by the company that anyone not on a Harley is a traitor.
Good luck and ride safe.

I could care less what anyone rides.And i'll ride with anyone.The only ones i show bitterness too are the ones that think it's ok to ride like idiots running over 100 mph(or more) whipping in and out of traffic.In the summertime we have about one fatality a month from fools like that.They bring heat from the law down on everyone on two wheels.Other than that ride what you like.If anyone doesn't like it...too bad.And by the way that bitterness you talk about goes both ways.Not just from Harley riders toward sport bikes.
Edit See what i mean?Just look at Jims answer.

Back