Who will have a Bigger Rookie Season? Matthew Stafford-Mark Sanchez?

Stafford will...hes garuanteed the starting spot and the Lions will probably win 5-7 games this season and the media will put that improvement squarely on Staffords shoulders, when I know that a team cant be that terrible for too long, and are bound to win a few games....Detroits season last year was like a freak accident type of thing.

How do you have a bigger rookie season? If they both miss the playoffs, it'll be the same length, assuming they both start all the games.

I'll say Sanchez, because Stafford might get killed by that Lions O line. The Jets have a bit of a running game and defense to help out, at least.

I'll have to pick Sanchez due to the fact he will probably be starting and fed to the wolves this season. Stafford probably won;t play til mid-season or at all til next year

Without a doubt sanchez. Stafford will be good but Sanchez is ready now. Id look for Sanchez to put up numbers like Flaco did this past year. Id look for Stafford to put up numbers in about 2-3 years.

2010 will be a rough year who ever is QB for detroit. their defense and o-line will be struggling

the jets have abetter team around sanchez

but i will say the lions do have better recievers calvin johnson and the rookie TE pettigrew will make stafford look a lot better a lot sooner than any wr's the jets have. i will go out on a limb and say the lions have a better all around young offense. calvin johnson, pettigrew kevin smith, stafford

kevin smith was the 3rd best rookie rb last year after steve slaton and matt forte he was right there with johnathan stewart

Smith 975 yds 8 tds on a terrible team

Sadly the Lions will ruin what would probably be an above average quarterback on most other teams. Clearly the Jets have more pieces in place to give a quarterback a better chance at success.
Rex Ryan will field a defense that will allow Sanchez to not have to worry about forcing plays. Stafford will A. Run for his life a lot. B. Be mortified at the thought of the Detroit defense being on the field and therefore force a lot of balls and make mistakes. and C. Eventually just burn out and be ruined for his career much like David Carr was in Houston. Poor Kid.

Stafford, he has one of the best WR in the league who can go up and get the ball and they also just drafted pettigrew who will help. Although Sanchez might do well i think stafford will have a better rookie season.

Just take a look right now of the New York jets offense. Start off with the offensive line, Legendary Alan Faneca is your starting left guard. Left guard is the 2nd most important position on the line since he protects Mark Sanchez’s blind side which is his left. Jets center Nick Mangold is an experienced center that is arguably in the top 5 best centers in the game right now. Leon Washington and Thomas Jones are Sanchez’s 2 pro bowl backs; yes I know Leon is an all purpose back. To finish off some of the key players of the Jets offense is Cotchery and Keller. Keller is a great option when Cotchery is double covered down field which will help Sanchez since he is great when making passes on the run as well as short accurate passes. Idk guys Stafford will only have Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew and a unheard of Oline.

i like stafford a whole lot more than sanchez but stafford is gonna be on the bench his first year and thats a good think cause he doesn't need to be thrown in there without an o line yet and sanchez has a good running game and a defense to go with so the jets have tried to set up a situation like the falcons did with matt ryan

Probably Sanchez. The Lions have Daunte Culpepper to usher Stafford in and the Lions supporting cast isn't nearly as good as the Jets. The Jets meanwhile have no established qb.

Both Sanchez and Stafford will suck, but Sanchez will probably have a better season because he will play more...

Well Stafford is going to back up daunte cullpepper so these people saying he has the starting job dont know what thier talking about.

Back