Which Sport Bike Would You Recommend?

JeffHatcher

Mar 11, 2009
I've been riding for almost a year, on my dad's Honda Shadow (VLX Deluxe, 600) and I'm seriously considering getting a bike of my own. I've taken the MSF course and passed flawlessly, and the nine-month holding period for my learner's permit ends in March. I really enjoy riding, and one of the most appealing parts of a bike is the acceleration. Not the top speed, but the sound and the rush of getting the bike up to speed, so I was thinking, instead of a cruiser, like the Shadow, I'd like a sport bike. I can afford a Hayabusa, Yamaha R1, or something along those lines. I'm wondering what those bikes would do to insurance, would I be ready for them, would they be worth it, and which sport bike would you recommend, given my situation? It doesn't have to be a Hayabusa or an R1, just any sport bike. Thanks for your input, and please refrain from any ignorant or childish answers.
Oh, one more thing, if any of you know the gas mileage for any of the bikes you suggest, I'd like to have that info also. Thanks again.

you cant go wrong with a busa... acceleration is unbelievable. I went from a katana 600 to a 08 hayabusa 1340..

Back