Where do I begin to learn about womens fashion basics?

nidzodzoni_91

Sep 28, 2011
Basically I'm trying to get promoted to lead in the "misses" department and would like to study up on definitions of articles of clothing that only women have such as skirts, party dresses, casual dresses, what's "in" for women, special sizes, what goes nicely with what. I understand this is not something you can just learn overnight, but I'd like to start somewhere. Any info helps. Thanks in advance. :)

Pick any high end fashion magazines like vogue, italian vogue (start here), marie clarie. You can also try watching the past s/s 2012 new york fashion shows. Usually watching alot of the fashions in photo shoots or runways can give a sense of whats in fashion or what will be in fashion. Also, it doest hurt to go window shopping and take a look at some of the manequins. Usually they are dressed up in clothes that are "in fashion".

In Style Magazine! I love EVERYTHING that has to do with fashion and that magazine has it all. Clothes, accessories, shoes, bags, jewelry... everything. The subscription is a bit pricey (about $30 a year) but it's absolutely worth it. I have kept every issue from about 5 years ago till now, when I have time I go back and look through them and find new ideas every time.

The clothes and items in the magazine are very expensive but it's still a very good tool for learning what goes with what. I always get ideas and then find cheaper look-a-likes at stores like Target, Kohls and Forever 21.

hope this helps! :)

Back