When using torrents, how do "seeders/leechers" work,and how does it effect downloads?

Usman

Jun 4, 2008
When using torrents, how do "seeders/leechers" work,and how does it effect downloads?

Please try and explain other terms if possible.

If your using thepiratebay.org (which i suggest you do) you will see the number of seeders and leachers down the righthand side of the page.

Seeders - seeders are the people who are sending the files to you ( once you have completed you download you will become a seeder). The MORE seeders the better.

Leechers - Leechers are the people who are downloading the torrent, you will become one when you start to download the torrent. The more leechers there are the more time it takes for you to download.

Try to pick torrents will more seeders and less leechers

First of all I want to explain what is seed/peer (leecher).
Seed is a person who has complate file and completed downloading. Seed is a person who helps the other people obtaining the file.
Peer is a person who has some part of file and still downloading also helps other people with downloading. To get enough bandwith to download you need more seed and peers also.

well, the more seeders and leachers you have, the faster it will download. seeders and leacher, are the ammount of people that allready downloaded the torrent, and you will be downloading your file from them as well as the person who uploaded it.

In my opinion, the websites with the most seeders and leaacher for torrents are,

thepiratebay.org and isohunt.com

hope this helped :)

Back