When the average DC area fed.govt [taxpayer funded]pay is over $126k/yr,well over

IChee

Sep 13, 2009
twice the US median income,? how can't the govt mindset be completely detached from in needs & desires of the main-street citizen? Is that why politicians are always TELLING Americans 'what they want' when talking to Americans?
kris- missy, I as well as most non govt workers living in the DC area have 'somehow managed'

I am a federal worker and all I have to say to you civilian workers is.......HA HA Suckers!!!!! have fun making someone else rich

And Harry Reid sees this and says that the Private sector jobs are fine...it's the public sector that's in trouble.

I agree. Lets lower their salaries and make them a part of the 47% they wanna raise taxes on. That will teach em.

All federal salaries should be equal to 1/2 the median income of the US population. This includes Congresscritters, Presidents, Judges, pages, etc.

I take it you have never tried to live in DC. I had to drive more than an hour away from DC to find a house that was in our budget.....and it was the ONLY house....a tiny, filthy, shoebox that was going for $300,000.
I don't agree with politicians making that much money, as they don't work half the year.....but other federal employees in the DC area do work very hard.

Back