When one accepts Christ's good gift, can it be taken for granted, and isn't it...

JeremyR

Jun 3, 2008
...many times?
RE: "It is impossible to lose or "leave" salvation"

I disagree. If one continues in sin, then there is no sacrifice for sins left.
After knowing the truth, that is.
To willfully commit any sin after an acceptance of Christ's salvation would be to trample underfoot the sacrificial blood of Christ and is insulting to God's gracious Spirit.

So would you commit adultery, or lie, or steal, after knowing the confession to Christ that you made? Surely not. Because then that would bring your confession into question.

One not only needs to accept that Jesus is the Christ, and know that he came to pay for our sins but to also understand that we must also repent and come unto Christ through our actions.

The notion that one can simply say: "I believe" and then be as wicked as they would like and they are saved is ridiculous. Jesus did not teach this. His whole ministry was done to show us the way to live and how to repent and become like our Savior.

Why would Jesus have even given the Sermon on the Mount, or given us all of the parables and commandments if he did not intend for us to keep them?

I believe in this scripture: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:20)

24 And if they will not repent and believe in his name, and be baptized in his name, and endure to the end, they must be damned; for the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has spoken it.

Christ's gift was the opportunity to have our sins forgiven, and we once more had the right to enter heaven. "It is impossible to loose or leave salvation" is complete rubbish. No body is "saved" while they are alive. We have to work at our salvation every day of our lives. All sins committed before Baptism are forgiven. All sins committed after Baptism have to be forgiven through the Sacrament of Penance, instituted by Christ before he ascended into heaven.

The truth is that Jesus is FULL PAYMENT for our sins. Only the death of Jesus and His shed blood, will pay for our sins. NOTHING ELSE can pay for even ONE sin.

That being the case, why do you think you need to do anything?

The people came to Jesus asking Him what to DO (John 6:28). Jesus rejected the DO, and instead, said BELIEVE in Jesus (John 6:29).

If you add your works, then you don't believe in Jesus the way He wants (Romans 4:5). If you add your works, then you are rejecting the FREE GIFT of salvation from Jesus (Galatians 1:6-9).

So, don't reject Jesus by adding your works.

The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven and avoid being sent to eternal hell, is by believing in faith alone that Jesus, who is God, died on the cross for all our sins as FULL PAYMENT for all our sins, and then Jesus rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Believe in Jesus alone for salvation, and you will be in heaven, no matter what!

Salvation is a FREE GIFT that happens in a split second when you believe in Jesus alone to save you! It is impossible to lose or "leave" salvation (John 6:39-40, John 10:28, 1 John 5:13).

Please pray now: "Jesus, please forgive me of my sins. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and You rose from the dead. Thank You for eternal life!" You will be in heaven with Him forever when you die! :D

No.

It cannot be taken for granted!

AS seen here:

Romans 6:1-14 (New International Version)

Romans 6
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Back