What's wrong with my pet mouse?? :'( HELP!!!?

tigerlily500

Nov 21, 2012
Recently, one of my pet mice died, she didn't seem to have any cause of death as she was perfectly healthy and i think she just suffered a heart attack.
One of my other mice (3 left now) is increasingly ill and she seems to have lost a HUGE amount of weight.
She used to be very active and she was the most energetic of all the others. Now she is struggling to climb and although she does walk around a fair bit she cant run and just shuffles about and is fairly wobbely.
she seems like her back is hunched over but im not sure whether its just that her spine shows alot more now that shes lost so much weight or if she is actually hunched over, its very curved.
She seems to be eating still. i've seen her eat fruit and the main nut based mouse food i feed them all but still she is loosing weight everyday. Im worried she wont recover.. :'(

Sounds like she's grieving. When one of my cats ran away, her sister lost a whole bunch of weight and stopped playing. Eventually she started playing again and eating, it just takes time. Make sure you give them lots of attention.

Back