whats the best way to lower my 85 nissan pickup 4x4?

Jessica

May 13, 2008
i just picked up a 85 nissan 4x4 pickup and i want to do something different with it. i want to lower it ( yes i said lower, so i apologize to all the rednecks out there having heartattacks of that comment) anyway i want to lower it a few inches so i dont feel like im gonna tip over every time i take a corner at 25mph. my goal is to turn it into a truck i can speed down some mountain trails. the trails i use donw have big rocks, dips or mud pits, just some steep climbs, my question is, what would be the ideal way to lower a 4x4? i thought about lowering blocks and adjusting the torsion bars but im not that experienced with a four wheel drive truck. any help would be great. and please refrain from stupid comments about why i would get a 4x4 if i didnt wanna lift it. i just want to try something a lil different for fun. this is just an ongoing project in my free time
i just picked up a 85 nissan 4x4 pickup and i want to do something different with it. i want to lower it ( yes i said lower, so i apologize to all the rednecks out there having heartattacks of that comment) anyway i want to lower it a few inches so i dont feel like im gonna tip over every time i take a corner at 25mph. my goal is to turn it into a truck i can speed down some mountain trails. the trails i use donw have big rocks, dips or mud pits, just some steep climbs, my question is, what would be the ideal way to lower a 4x4? i thought about lowering blocks and adjusting the torsion bars but im not that experienced with a four wheel drive truck. any help would be great. and please refrain from stupid comments about why i would get a 4x4 if i didnt wanna lift it. i just want to try something a lil different for fun. this is just an ongoing project in my free time. also, telling me it isnt a good idea is ABSOLUTLY NO HELP what so ever. im not asking if its a good idea or not.
sry bout the double post on the details

Back