What's a good smartphone for a teen?

Jessie

May 25, 2008
My LG P-350 (a ''beginner's smartphone'') was stolen recently. I'd like to replace it, maybe with a better phone. Something not too expensive? Around the same price range, maybe a little more?
Some things I didn't like was the way it didn't focus well for photos, also, there were some problems with certain widgets and things. And it was missing some functions that are on most cell phones, even non-smartphones.
I'm 16 but graduating from high-school this year. I live in europe but am planning to go abroad for my studies, and a would like to keep this phone during college- I don't want to replace it anytime soon. (So I'm not looking for something specifically for teens/ "smartphone newbies")
Any good suggestions? My mom has suggested the HTC wildfire, but it doesn't seem better, from the reviews I've read. Any advice, suggestions?
Thanks a lot
I want to be able to use it like an mp3. And I don't like blackberry-style keypads. I've heard the adroid system was good too.

Again, I'm not looking for something specifically for teens, I want to keep it at least till I'm done with college if possible!

The Wildfire is very popular and thats why HTC launched the Wildfire S see this list of android phones overview
http://www.gadgetrophy.com/2011/08/list-of-16-best-android-cell-phones.html

I got my first touch screen four months ago and I love it- it's the Droid X 2. It has amazing apps, the screen is a great size for surfing the web, playing games, and honestly- this phone helps me remember appointments on the calendar, I have a 'to do' and a 'to buy' list on it, the set up is easy to adjust to and navigate, it's easy to download ringtones, text messaging is laced into an ongoing conversation, and the memory on it is huge. It also lets me view the phone lengthwise and widthwise... so it's slender and doesn't have to flip out like the messaging phones most teenagers have. I got myself a grippy jelly case for it and don't end up dropping it often if at all- have a nice screen protector you can't even notice on it, and a $7 a month protection plan that covers everything form water damage to theft. I'm not sure if the X2 is still available where you live... but in America it's available in certain stores that have Verizon kiosks like Sam's Club. If you like what I said and want something similar but can't find the Droid X 2 I'd check the Droid X 3 out- the screen is bigger and I'm sure it has even more features- pretty sure it has 4G too! Have fun choosing a phone :)

Back