What Would The World Be Like Without Organized Religion?

BigDaddyTees

Aug 13, 2011
Imagine if there were no uniform religious beliefs and religion were merely an individual thing. You and your neighbor may believe different things but you’d keep them to yourselves as you would your views on same sex marriage (if different) or anything else that might result in an argument or fight if you shared it with someone with a different view point. What would the world look like without organized religion?
Not saying there wouldn’t be religion at all just not organized and structured religion.
Many people see organized religion as a barrier that stands in the way of their personal relationship with God and can actually contradict and interfere with their connection to Christ.

The spiritual truths set down in the Bible are meant for us to find freedom. Religion seems to bind us up instead of free us. Jesus is the only way to freedom, although I perceive that you do not agree with me, I am tired of religion too.

Terrible! Our religion is the only thing stopping me and my fellow Christians from being a bunch of murderers and baby rapers! And because WE have such disgusting carnal urges, we assume that everyone else is just as sick in the head as we are and needs religion to control them!

SO much better!

Edit, anyone claiming that laws are a result of religion is an utter moron. Look at muslim nations and see what happens when religion makes laws. Charming notion, isn't it?

Your question is more or less asking what would the world be like if people didn't come together who share the same beliefs about something. People will always want to be around people who share their thoughts. And you can't just randomly come together all the time. There has got to be some structure or 'organisation' about it. So I can't see that happening. God will always be around.

Back