what sport bike should i get?

Kanyon

Jun 14, 2010
okay im 15 right now and i got my permit yesterday so im getting my license in 30 days... i plan to buy a 250cc sport bike for 3800$ or less.. ive looked at ninja 250r's but i only like the 2008-2010 models because the back ends of the years before that are just ridiculously ugly. (no offense to people who ride them) ive looked at a few hyosung 250gt's and they look good but ive read bad reviews about the engines and parts etc. im only going to have this bike for about an estimate of 10 months (a year at longest). and i like the honda 250 vtr but their ridiculously expensive. im considering the 2008 ninja 250r very heavily because the handlebar position helps new riders tremendously ive read. if you have any other sport bikes in mind please dont hesitate to tell me.
and also.. when i get to the age that i can ride a bigger engine size. what would you recomend for my first 600-1000cc bike. ive seen buell's from harley davidson and they run about 7-8 grand which in my mind isnt to bad. well please help me. thanks.

it all depends on the type of riding that you want to do, the kawasaki is reliable, comfortable and great for commuting and i know that the older model kawasaki (gpx) is ugly but the new 250r has the same engine, it hasn't changed in over 25 yrs. the hyosung is a bigger bike and alot more sport focused with twin disc's for some extra stopping power and probably better to throw around some quick corners. As for their engines, the older models had some problems but the engines are getting some great reviews and now have EFI.
As for a new 600 i don't think you can go past a triumph 675

Definately go for the ninja 250, it is the best entry class sport bike, and will certainly be cheaper to insure. You may want to look into a 500 because the 250 gets boring quite quickly. Just make sure you save some cash for a good set of gear and rain gear, that will be a life saver.

Back