What kind of fish would be suitable for my tank?

DisturbedCobra

Jan 29, 2011
So I don’t have the tank right now, but will in 2-3 weeks. I want to know what kind of fish and how many of them would be suitable for my tank? I would say I am somewhat experienced, so don’t stray from recommending more advanced fish. I am definitely not looking for Goldfish (Koi are acceptable though), and I don’t want to deal with Cichlids again. I want friendly, community fish that can/will get along with 1-2 Algae Eaters. (My last Cichlid killed and ate out the stomach of my last algae eater.)

So, my tank setup will look something like this:

- 100+ Gallons. (Fresh Water)
- Dirt/Sand Bottom. (I do not like the looks of gravel)
- Medium to heavy plant coverage, all fake. (I’ve lost too many fish to live plants.)
- 2 Caves, 1 Medium, 1 Large, 1 large log in the middle with a few small rocks scattered around.
- 2 High End, top of the Line Filters. (No Under gravel Filters, after two that failed in less than 3 weeks im done with them.)
- Either 1 very powerful heater, or 2, 1 at each end. (At 80+ Degrees. Yes, I know the whole spill about the higher the temp, the more oxygen needed, but after an 80+ temp setting and salt addition my cichlid lost its ich in under 2 days...)
- I am thinking about getting a fake floating plant, to provide more coverage, but I’m not sure yet...

That’s about it.. Any suggestions on what types of fish and how many would be healthy and happy in this environment?

Back