What kind of bike should I buy?

JackieS

Jul 16, 2008
I would like to buy a bike to ride around the neighborhood, on a bike path for exercise, or to the store. The main reason is to get more active. I looked on craigslist and on Walmart.com, but I don't know what kind of bike to buy. Does it matter? What is the difference between road and mountain? Is there a type/kind that is better for exercise?

You see thier are lots of bikes out there from big box stores such as walmart and traget to bike shops al around. The thing that people hate about buying from wal mart is the way the bikes are breaking down easily heavy made in china and some other useless things but not all bikes are like that the workers are sometimes are at fault i mean who wants to be paid 7 dollars an hour just to assemble bikes so sometimes the bike doesnt come out right you have two choices with this problem one buy a bike and assemble it at home two buy it as is and take to a bike shop for an inspection for fitness at wal mart thier are two bikes a saw one is called the la jolla beach crusier it weighs about 23 pounds which is light and the schwinn varesty road bike all though i am saying this your best bet will be a bikee shop cause they will fit you with the right size and everything but the prices is a different story now i am a 14 year old who knows alot about bikes bikes are my hobby and its hard getting money but what i decided to do is i am going to buy the schwinn varesty fix it up to how i want it and give it a inspection by myself. A road bike is a speed worthy bike road is all these bikes can reallf touch but the speed compared to any other bike is outstanding you can go for miles on these bikes but if you want something real good for almost everything buy a mountain bike in which you can take almost all types of roads. BUT FOR SURE DO NOT BUY A MOUNTAIN BIKE FROM A WAL MART DONT none of those bikes are made for off road so for a mountain bike for sure a bike store would be better YOUR BEST THING TO DO IS TRY ALL THESE BIKES AND JUST SEE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THEM BUT TRY A WAL MART AND DONT BUY RIGHT OFF THE BAT TRY A BIKE STORE NEXT AND JUST KEEP SEARCHING GOOD LUCK

Back