What is wrong with my car?

doubtful

Apr 10, 2008
I've replaced so many things on my car already, I'm ready to just junk it. Problem is there is no public transportation in the middle of the night when my gf has to work.

1995 Pontiac Sunfire, 155,000 miles
So we noticed that water was shooting out of the radiator through a big crack in the plastic bits. So we took it to a mechanic (did my homework later & wish I hadn't gone there) and asked them to replace the radiator. The hoses, pump and thermostat had just been replaced about 6 months ago. He tells me there is a problem with a hose (the one that costs $50) and the thermostat housing is bent. So I say, replace it. 6 hours and $450 later I get the car back. I get it home & check under the hood to make sure everything looks good. Oil looks good, looks like they connected everything fine. Next day, car starts rough and runs rough for a minute or so. Then the check oil light comes on. I check the oil, everything is fine there. Few more days pass and still this keeps happening. I keep checking and all is well. Until this morning, this morning check engine light comes on and I decide to check it out again. Well of course now the oil has a milky color. What happened? It wasn't running hot and I wasn't having any of these problems before I had the radiator changed.

Back