What is the difference in speakers and components in car audio system?

bharath

Aug 5, 2008
Hi
when i searched for speaker for my car (SWIFT) i found two things tat is speakers and components . but i want to know what is the difference between components and speakers.
which one is best..
either to take speakers,sub woofers,tweeters,amplifier separately or to take components.

Components have a clearer sound . They usually consist of a speaker,tweeter,and a crossover.They cost more but there worth it.

It's not actually the difference between speakers and components in this context, it's the difference between coaxial speakers and component speakers. Coaxial speakers usually are 2-way or 3-way speakers, meaning they consist of a woofer and a tweeter or a woofer, mid-range, and tweeter. Generally, the average person will be perfectly happy with a decent set of coax speakers. The main difference in a component speaker is that the crossover is separate from the speakers. This, while it allows higher quality components, makes them take up more room, and more often than not, the tweeter and woofer are not attached. This allows you to mount the tweeter in a more desirable location for better sound staging, but like I said, the average person will be perfectly happy with a nice set of coaxial speakers, especially if you are running them off an external amplifier.

I would suggest a set of Pioneer coaxial speakers for an entry level speaker, Rockford Fosgate as a bit nicer setup, and Focal as a higher end setup, but the best way to pick a speaker for your specific application is to go to a nicer car stereo shop and listen to them.

Back