what is so special about getting a personal trainer in a fitness club (if i'm new) ?

Meow

Jun 5, 2008
ok , so i just signed up for (one month without contract) membership at bally total fitness .... they asked me if i want a personal trainer to fulfill my goal , however , the cost was quite overrated ; of course , it is expensive ......

should i really get a personal trainer ? do you think it worths $50 an hour ? what else will it help me ?

It depends on what you're after and how serious you are about your fitness club. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're a girl if its bally total fitness, so if you feel that you really need to cut down on your weight/stay at a healthy image, then go for it. $50 an hour is on the high end of the scale for a personal trainer, but consider the following:

1. Personal trainers charge more than $50 at many other places per hour
2. You only need to meet with your personal trainer once a week or even less after the first few times. The first few times is to get your workout plan, schedule, and check to make sure that you're doing your exercises correctly. Afterwards, you only meet with your trainer to update your workout plan and make sure that you're on schedule. So you only meet once a week or less - as few as once a month even.

Back