What is kempo karate?

Kempo is the Japanese translation of the Chinese Chuan'Fa, meaning "fist way". Kempo is a superfamily of Chinese and Japanese karate systems that all descend from Buddhist monks in the Shaolin Temple. There are dozens of different kempo systems, each unique in their own way, yet all have the same original ancestor style of Chuan-Fa.

karate's are all pretty much the same with few differences. 1) philosophy 2) stance depth 3) forms. minor details may include the rotation on punches, chambers for strikes but each style you can hit hard with. my only real reference was with a 2nd and 3rd degree black belt. they were both really good for their ages. one was in his 50's and moved better then many 20 year olds i've faught. their power was also notable. but coming from a korean striking system we had all the same techniques the only difference was when we did combos that they considered standard that i hadn't done. the techniques and concepts to each combo were things i've gone over in the past so it was easy to adapt.

it was american kempo and the techniques that they practiced were street oriented and highly effective.

Back