What is a good cold dish to bring to my boyfriend in college for a date?

CW

Jul 5, 2008
Hi: How about a nice pasta salad. I make mine using tri colored rotini. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water and add a dash of olive oil to keep from sticking. Cut up some thinly sliced ham, pepperoni and salami slices from the deli into small pieces. Cut up a few scallions (green onions) into small rings. Cut grape tomatoes and canned black olives in half. Finely chop up some capers - these are also called non-pariels and are packed in vinegar. Add all meats, capers and veggies to the pasta and before serving put on your favorite italian dressing, you may want to add some of the caper vinegar too. Sorry I can't give you exact amounts but go by your taste. Garnsh with a good grind of fresh black pepper.

a chicken pasta salad
cooked pasta (fussilie penne etc)
cooked roasted chicken
chillies
spring onion (scallions)
red green peppers
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt pepper
sage oregano
cherry tomatoes
fresh basil

slice or chop all ingredients ( use quantities that suit you) if don't like anything leave it out
and add any thing you do like like garlic (left that out because of the kissing thing)
toss all ingredients together then finish with a quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Enjoy

I'm still in highschool, he is in college (freshman) and I would like to bring up dinner for him. I've got absolutely no ideas though. It has to be cold, because we can't heat it unless we microwave it, but often he does not like microwaved food. If possible, I would love it to have a bunch of veggies, because he never gets enough, but I understand if you have other ideas. What do you think would be the perfect dinner to bring?

thinly slice cucumber
honey toasted walnuts (or just plainly toasted or just plain walnuts)
maple poached pears (or just freshly sliced pears or even an apple or some other fruit)
mixed salad
julienned carrots (about 2-3 in long and very thinly sliced)

In a middle of a plate put the cucumber in the middle so it is like a hollow circle (standing up)
Put salad in the middle and sprinkle the carrots on top
Put the fruit slices on the bottom and add the walnuts on top of the fruit

thinly slice cucumber
honey toasted walnuts (or just plainly toasted or just plain walnuts)
maple poached pears (or just freshly sliced pears or even an apple or some other fruit)
mixed salad
julienned carrots (about 2-3 in long and very thinly sliced)

In a middle of a plate put the cucumber in the middle so it is like a hollow circle (standing up)
Put salad in the middle and sprinkle the carrots on top
Put the fruit slices on the bottom and add the walnuts on top of the fruit

Hi: How about a nice pasta salad. I make mine using tri colored rotini. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water and add a dash of olive oil to keep from sticking. Cut up some thinly sliced ham, pepperoni and salami slices from the deli into small pieces. Cut up a few scallions (green onions) into small rings. Cut grape tomatoes and canned black olives in half. Finely chop up some capers - these are also called non-pariels and are packed in vinegar. Add all meats, capers and veggies to the pasta and before serving put on your favorite italian dressing, you may want to add some of the caper vinegar too. Sorry I can't give you exact amounts but go by your taste. Garnsh with a good grind of fresh black pepper.

Back